May 27, 2013

Why I Am An Arminian
The Series

Back in 2008, I started a series as to why I am an Arminian and not a Calvinist. However, while working on the third post, I ended up expanding the series, and then expanding it, until I realized that I wouldn't be able to publish it immediately. Now, 5 years later, I finished, including revamping the two original posts a bit.

Now, I haven't been working dilligently on this for all that time. I've dropped the project and picked it back up a couple of times now. However, I have put a lot of work into this, and I am hoping to get some feedback. So please invite people to view this particular series. I have attempted to cover the full range of the Arminianism/Calvinism debate, though not with a great depth (it is only 6 posts). After all, you couple probably write a book on this subject. Maybe two.

The 6 posts that are going to be published every Monday starting next week will be:
  1. Testimony
  2. Calvinists
  3. History
  4. Theology
  5. Unconvinced by Proof-Texts
  6. Convinced by Scripture
As each post, the link to that post will be added to this one in the above list. I might also add that there is an intentional pattern to the order of the posts. It moves from the most subjective to the most objective arguements. Therefore, the arguements that I believe are the most compelling are in the latter posts. This is why I treat Scripture last (which I devote two posts to). I might also add that the posts move from the lightest to the heaviest.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy, and invite your theologically minded friend. I think it is some of my best work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to your revised and updated thoughts on Arminianism.

Blessings,
David